The first official record of a South Union Foxhounds point-to-point race dates from 1945, when it was held at Warner’s Cross. In 1947, the races moved to Ballinrea near Carrigaline. In more recent years, the races were held at Cappagh, very close to Kinsale, with winter fixtures at Rochestown. The races moved to Fort Arthur on the Old Head of Kinsale briefly before alighting on the current site at Farrangalway in 2007. The images below are taken from the Irish Point to Point Handbooks from 1945 to 1950 (there seems to have been no race in 1946) and may be of interest for local history and names. Click on any page to see full view with date annotations. Pictures on the right are of Iris Hitchmough winning the Lady’s race.